Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)

Director: Chris Weitz. Cast: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Anna Kendrick, Michael Sheen, Dakota Fanning. 130 min. Rated PG-13. Horror/Romance.

The second episode of the Twilight saga somehow reminded me of Seinfeld: how you can make a 2-hour movie about absolutely nothing. I'm not joking. New Moon has no story at all. I found the first Twilight movie interesting, just because it gave a new teenage twist to the vampire genre. Without reading them, I'm sure the Stephanie Meyers novels had something to warrant movie adaptations; but if that's the case, this is a very bad representation. That said, Kristen Stewart's repeating dark and depressing movie roles are never boring to me - which is this film's only saving grace.

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment