Thursday, January 8, 2015

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)

Director: Adam McKay. Cast: Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner, Dylan Baker, James Marsden, Greg Kinnear, Kristen Wiig, Fred Willard, Harrison Ford. 119 min. Rated R. Comedy.

I had no intention of seeing this. The only element that made me laugh in the original, was Steve Carell in his very minor role. But that was 10 years ago, and Carell has come a long way since then. Gladly, he's in full-force action here, and understandably, is given a much more prominent role. His moments were the only ones that wholeheartedly laughed me to tears. And the number of cameos in that ending scene (which included a world-renowned French art-house movie actress!) blew me away.

Medical goof: There was no MRI used in practice in 1980.

PS: Thank you, Mohi. I owe my historically-rare comedy laughs here to your recommendation.

PPS: Will Ferrell has a "Ma, Meatloaf!"moment here: "I'M BA-LIND!!!"

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment