Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Mother! (2017)

Director: Darren Aronofsky. Cast: Jennifer Lawrence, Javier Bardem, Ed Harris, Michelle Pfeiffer, Domhnall Gleeson. 121 min. Rated R. Horror/Mystery.

Everyone will have their own take, but in my opinion, this is yet another movie based in pregnancy-induced psychosis. I liked Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream, but taking that hallucinatory first-person narrative and multiplying it ten-fold, just means you're desperately trying to throw the viewer into a 2-hour tailspin - a weird, unwelcome goal in my book. By the movie's last scene there may be an embedded philosophical theme of recurring realities and timelines, but by then I was already so glad the movie was over. This may end up becoming my worst movie experience of the year, but for now ...

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment