Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tangled (2010)

Director(s): Nathan Greno, Byron Howard. Voices: Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy, Ron Perlman, Jeffrey Tambor, Brad Garrett. 100 min. Rated PG. Animation.

As expected from any 21st century adaptation of a 19th century tale, Disney's rendition of the Brothers Grimm "Rapunzel" is a significant deviation from the original story - the long blond hair being one of the rare surviving elements. Nevertheless, this is a 100-minute delightful eye candy experience, with the scene of hundreds of lanterns rising in the calm of the night establishing a glorious peak in the history of Disney animation. Relax, watch the soothing imagery, listen to the uplifting music, and just enjoy the show.

Mo says:

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday I teased my nephew when there was an add on TV for a doll with looooong blond hair. He was shocked that I even hinted he wanted the doll. The next ad was for TANGLED which he thought looked ok. I will no doubt see this movie at some point...could be years though.
    I don't expect movies to follow the original story closely any more. At least they didn't call it Rapunzel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about your nephew. I could imagine many boys would be interested in "Tangled", because I know a few adult men who were!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always had a thing for Betty Rubble and Betty Boop and long hair is attractive ;D

    ReplyDelete