Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

Director: Guy Ritchie. Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Jude Law, Jared Harris, Noomi Rapace, Rachel McAdams, Stephen Fry. 129 min. Rated PG-13. Action/Adventure.

Not even sure why I wasted so much time on this, when I was already traumatized by the original. With Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes under his belt, Downey Jr. is (like Harrison Ford) making a career out of creating protagonists for multi-episode movie franchises. But that's not enough. And the camerawork here is dazzling, but that's just Guy Ritchie's signature trademark. I only wish the purported ending here truly happened, so a third "acclaimed" episode in the future wouldn't make me curious to waste even more time on the series.

Mo says:

1 comment:

  1. I m getting sick of Iron man and sherlock holmes downey Jr is wasting his talent

    ReplyDelete