Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Frankenweenie (2012)

Director: Tim Burton. Cast (voices): Charlie Tahan, Winona Ryder, Catherine O'Hara, Martin Short, Martin Landau. 87 min. Rated PG. Animation/Horror/Comedy.

An expanded version of Burton's original 1984 short black-and-white animation, is nothing but an expanded version of a short animation. Which means there's not much material here to supply a feature-length movie. Of course, we're talking about Tim  Burton, and the imagery of the director's unique style (you know ... droopy eyes, long limbs, ghostly characters) is superb, but after The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach, The Corpse Bride, ... can't we expect something new? Even though this one had a great homage to Vincent Price?

Mo says:

2 comments:

  1. I'm waiting for your idea about Dark Shadows. I saw it tonight but really don't know exactly where is he going ? got a little confused about his new works. I'm always fan of his unique style but I feel he has lost his own nice track lately and It makes me upset.Now I see you didn't get satisfied with his animation either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check my review on "Alice in Wonderland", and see my disappointment on that one too. I'll watch "Dark Shadows" soon, but it's just sad one of Hollywood's most visually exciting directors doesn't have much more to say.

    ReplyDelete