Sunday, October 27, 2013

The Great Gatsby (2013)

Director: Baz Luhrmann. Cast: Stars: Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton, Isla Fisher., Amitabh Bachchan.143 min. Rated PG-13. Australia/USA. Drama/Romance.

Haven't read the novel, and haven't watched the 1974 Robert Redford version, and ... who am I to say Baz Luhrmann (Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge) made a bad movie anyway? All I dare say is, his overlong film put me to sleep at least twice; meaning not even his always-brilliant visual style (very accurately simulating the look of colored old black & white photos) managed to keep me awake. And I wasn't able to sympathize with DiCaprio as Gatsby. And I'm not a romantic movie fan. And ... okay, I just don't recommend this.

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment