Friday, September 5, 2014

The Trip (2010)

Director: Michael Winterbottom. Cast: Steve Coogan, Rob Brydon. 107 min. Not Rated. UK. Drama/Comedy.

Here's my roller-coaster ride with Steve Coogan: I found his 90% rated Tristram Shandy (also directed by Winterbottom and co-starring Brydon) obnoxious and boring to death, but then his role in Philomena a lovingly obnoxious performance. So when this year The Trip to Italy, the Winterbottom/Coogan/Brydon sequel to The Trip opened, I gave Coogan another chance. Again, I was bored to death. I don't see the point of making a movie about two people eating in fancy restaurants and (artfully) impersonating famous actors. If I ever do watch the sequel, it will be just to watch more impersonations.

PS: Let me save you some time. Watch some of the incredible impersonations here.

Mo says:

No comments:

Post a Comment